26 Lowther Street, Carlisle, CA3 8DA

Home Insurance | Buildings and Contents Insurance

Selecting the right policy to cover your home can be a tricky business. Unless you really understand the product you are looking for, buying a policy online may leave you exposed with hidden policy excesses or standard default terms that leave you under or over insured. At SSA, we provide advice on home insurance policies (or house insurance) which allow you to protect your home and personal belongings in one of 2 ways – buildings insurance and contents insurance.

Stan Sherlock Associates

Home Insurance

You can buy buildings and contents insurance as a single policy or as two separate policies to suit your individual circumstances. Your insurance policy will pay out an agreed sum in the event of an unexpected circumstance, such as fire, flooding or water damage, subsidence, theft or vandalism or damage caused by storms. We will work with you to make sure your sum assured is enough to cover the cost of repairing any damage, or in the case of a fire, a full rebuild.

If you’re a homeowner, the need to have an adequate buildings insurance policy is likely to be a condition set by your mortgage lender. Insuring the contents of your house (your personal possessions) is optional, but we would always recommend having a policy to protect your belongings whether you own or rent your home.

The cost of your insurance premiums will depend on the level of cover you’d like to achieve, your address and size/type of property as well as specific items and their value. 

We recommend regularly reviewing your existing home insurance policies to ensure they still meet your needs and offer the right type and level of cover. We can also ensure your premiums (monthly payments) continue to offer value for money.

Our expert team will advise you about the appropriate options for your needs to help you protect your home and the things you value.

Rate Switch Product Transfer

Home Insurance

Buildings insurance covers the bricks and mortar of your home or property, including the fixtures and fittings such as bathrooms and fitted kitchens. Some policies will pay for the cost of having to stay in alternative accommodation if your home is uninhabitable. If you’re a landlord who rents their property for commercial income, policies are available to cover the cost of lost rent should damage mean your tenants cannot remain in the property.

Can We Help With your Home Insurance?

Find Out Now

Why Work With Us?

At Stan Sherlock Associates, we aim to build long term relationships with our clients and provide you with an advice service throughout your lifetime to ensure you always have the right insurance cover for your personal needs and situation. 

Although based in Carlisle, our clients come from much further afield. We regularly work with clients from across Cumbria (including Kendal, Keswick, Penrith, Whitehaven and everywhere in between), the Scottish Borders, and North East England. Many of our advice services can be provided by phone and email but our advisers are always happy to meet you face to face.